Sunday, May 21, 2006

....begins with a single step

Each new journey begins with a single step, and I think begins with a single purpose in mind - in my case, to find a place where my skills are needed, where I can feel I am doing some good for people who could use some good, a place where I am working with a community of like-minded people - toward the goal of "making a difference" to some children and families.
Another purpose is to challenge myself; can I do this in an new environment where I don't carry any "reputation" or old relationships to support me, AND in another language?
And of course the lure of a beautiful environment, a chance to explore a new culture, and to see how the effects of the American economic system (and European) are impacting this other culture and it's people.
That's the "single step" but reading some material from the website The Cassiopaean Experiment this morning, I realize that's just the starting point.
I am open to being led to where I need to go. Who knows where that will be or what it will entail.

No comments: